dimanche 27 mai 2007

Zydepunks -- Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler


OK, I am now totally in love with the savoy punk flavors of Zydepunks in every way imaginable. And I mean in love. I guess they just hit me in the gut, and they seem to be a real gumbo in that great gumbo tradition of just making harmony with all the bits and pieces you find scattered around your intellectual, emotional and musical life.

A soup of Irish, Cajun, Zydeco, Breton, Klezmer and Slavic music has never ever tasted so good. And Madeleine (naturally) is my favorite tune off their Myspace page so far. So I am going to explore, and I am looking forward to seeing them on August 3, 2007. That will be my last day of pre-training at my labor intensive and intellectually demanding new job. I will celebrate at their show at the Pussycat Lounge for sure.

Gotta keep looking foward.

2 commentaires:

Professor Zero a dit…

OMG they are cute I will go see them at the Freret Street Festival June 2.

Littlemilk a dit…

You have to tell me how they were. And yeah, they are cute.