lundi 4 juin 2007

Baked

I have not been blogging. I have been saving up for a big blog entry dealing with heaven and hell through the prism of an early 1970's Mexican writer for my Unbeachedwhale blog site (in that way isn't writing like abstinence from masturbation, you save up for the big night?).

I won't give up anything more than that. But honestly, I don't know how J. and Prof. Zero keep blogging. I am in the middle of my first set of academic interviews in a couple of years, plus working my "survival job", and preparing for graduate courses in 3 weeks. I can't keep my head on straight unless I am focused on completing all my tasks one at a time and in a rapid succession. My motto is: "No one cares how you look at the end as long as you win the race". So, despite a cold and allergy attack (my body still has not told me which symptoms belongs to which ailment), I have been taking it one day at a time.

In between my Claritin enhanced moments, I have been wondering about the state of the world through different blogs and random moments on television.

1. I missed the Democratic debate. My attitude at this point is "Hurry, up and elect Hillary and get a war cabinet into place that can add without a calculator. Personally I would like to see Ted Kennedy and John McCain do a joint investigation and purge of all of Bush's yes men. Meanwhile, get James Baker on the phone.

Sorry, Barak Obama. I think you would make a great president at a different time. But this is not your moment. I say our foreign policy concerns out rank our domestic policy, but I believe that all American presidential campaigns are re-enactments of high school superlative selections. As one CNN voice box clamored, we want the guy who we could invite to our kitchen table, to be our commander and chief. I say we elect the most qualified.

There are some issues coming up concerning Hillary Clinton and her qualifications. Is she really a self-invention? And at the end of the day weren't both Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth I self-inventions enhanced and polished by an advancing middle class, one capitalist and the other merchantilist?

2. Been reading about New Orleans on Dambala and Profecaro's blogs. Besides being a bit depressing, their entries make me want to make a quick trip to my grandmother's house in Picayune, Mississippi and to the old New Orleans neighborhood of Treme.

3. Been contemplating the murder rate in NOLA. Not good. Plus, the pumps are also still broken. If another hurricane hits, it is going to flood again.

4. I just realized, I know nothing about what is going on in New York. I just work, and come home. Soon, things will be different. My Brazilian friend Tone is coming from Nashville, by way of the Amazon Rainforest (for real, he grew up in a city there called Belan). Maybe I will have some fun.

2 commentaires:

Professor Zero a dit…

How I keep blogging - no tv. And now I get the news from blogs instead of the paper, it is more fun. And I used to rant and rave by telephone to my friends - I'd initiate - now I write blog posts instead, and only rant and rave by voice unless someone else initiates.

And I have let the work websites go to the dogs. I used to maintain them even though I don't get real credit for it for the sake of Franny and Zooey's Fat Lady, but now I maintain my blog, and get more out of it!!!

Littlemilk a dit…

I am slowly turning in to that person. And as a I plan to buy a new laptop in the next 6 months and contemplating an i-phone (I know, expensive, expensive . . . but I really am feeling it), I am afraid that the conversion will be complete.

Brick and mortar is boring. Print has always been full of beastily Edwardian brown toothed m*therf*ckers at the top. I am really living for this new age.